We all have a social mask, right? We put it on, we go out, put our best foot forward, our best image. But behind that social mask is a personal truth, what we really, really believe about who we are and what we're capable of.
-Phil McGraw

Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Rest is found....


                       Selah-I turn to you

One Desire (Acoustic) by Kari Jobe

Messy brings us back.....
Storms rage and the waves crash against my soul... Choices may have brought me here and things start to look dim.  Nearing the edge of collapse, I feel faint and struggle to see the light.  Espresso can't energize me the way that You do... I feel your Spirit near me and slowly the darkness dissipates enough for me to see your Hand.  I reach for You....             Take this heart, take my life--I rise to praise you, because no matter what, you LOVE ME.  No love will ever compare to that which you hold for me, your daughter, your precious creation......
Lord, help me hold onto you through this storm.....

I was given a plaque by a very sweet dear friend of mine.  It says, "Only God can turn our messes into miracles".  I sit and wonder, what exactly could those miracles be?  I know one thing is for certain, I don't feel very miraculous right now ---My heart is heavy, my mind is exhausted and I don't know how much more I can take.  I deal with the nagging of my will, his will, and HIS will--Lord I know that I have brought myself to this place.  One thing is for certain, that in the above two songs today, I have found some rest.  That regardless of the situation and the how's why's what's and everything else involved,  God is with me and as I turn my heart to Him, He will sustain me and turn my messes, into something greater for HIS glory. Amen.

<3 Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment