We all have a social mask, right? We put it on, we go out, put our best foot forward, our best image. But behind that social mask is a personal truth, what we really, really believe about who we are and what we're capable of.
-Phil McGraw

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Would you eat a poop sandwich?

 Is it almost lunch time?  Imagine with me for a second that you're STARVING!  It's 11:33 a.m. and you just can't wait to get to lunch.  Hunger supersedes anything else going on at this point, so you check out of your assignment and search out an online menu for a local eatery.  As you scan the menu, reading through the salads, appetizers, sandwiches, you stop dead in your tracks, as you're staring down a big picture of ... a POOP SANDWICH.  "House Specialty, Fresh Daily on homemade bread....$6.99"

You think, !@#$#%$% ??  You think it's a spoof. So you gather up your comrades and head down to this sandwich shop to see what it's all about.  You order the special, and literally get...... a steaming, hot.. well.. You get the picture.  Check please!

I feel like that is me sometimes.  The hunger for something more in life, a better _____(Fill in the blank with just about anything)___ , to feel happy, to not feel ALONE--is the driving force to nothing but a big...... Poop Sandwich---  I've sat in front of one of these lately, wondering "What did I do (order)!  There wasn't enough ranch in the world to make this thing edible.  See friends, little choices pave our way to either a balanced, fulfilled, HAPPY life.  Or, those little, at the time seemingly insignificant, choices lead us on a path of constant duress, through a thickly wooded forest of confusion, depression, financial upset, or just a string of constant bad happenings.  Ever been there?

I recently read a devotion that reminded me that life is more so comprised of all of those little choices we make during the day--How will I respond even though my feelings are hurt?  Will I go without forgiving them another day?  I'm married, this girl is beautiful, its ok to flirt a little bit right? I really want to drop these 15 pounds but am not going to workout or strive to say no to that cheeseburger? My wings are not hot, so will I give the waitress a bad time, fulling knowing she didn't cook them?  There's scenarios from here to Christmas on choices.  I think the biggest learning for me is that if I don't think, use self-control when necessary, and try to make the best decisions in all the little things, so that I don't end up still hungry, miserable, and with poop in my mouth.

God grant us the strength to make good "little" decisions, and also look outside our own "four walls" to see how these decisions directly affect those who are in our close corners.  Life's a journey and we're in it together!  Hoping to make a positive impact with my smart decisions!

Until next time,

Kris <3

No comments:

Post a Comment